Friday, April 15, 2011

DAN ELDON

I hate to think that Dan Eldon is going to become a "trendy thing" really soon. I've had his collected journals since I was 11 and I've always felt proud that he was a fellow Waldorfian (we went to the same type of elementary school).


I typed his name into google, for the first time really, now that I think of it, to see if his artwork would be appropriate for a presentation I'm going to do in my transnational/cosmopolitanism lit theory class. found out that Tom's is doing a line based on Dan Eldon, and I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness about this. Maybe Toms shoes is a good thing, maybe they do actually send a pair of shoes to a child in need, only Tom knows, right? I'm taking this as a profoundly personal offense. If that wasn't enough, Daniel Radcliff is going to play him in "the movie version". Um. He was quoted on some webrag saying he was happy because Eldon was, "a really brave guy". Okay. I don't feel like there's being enough care given to this exposure. Some things should stay somewhat sacred, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment